Wednesday, November 28, 2007

November 19th-25th

Week of November 19-25, 2007: Thanksgiving & Corrine's Birthday
Written by Annaliese

Monday, November 19th- Just recently Corrine has been allowed to have gum because she knows that she can't swallow it and that she has to spit it out when she's done. We had JUST had a conversation the day before about making sure to spit it out when she's tired because it could fall out of her mouth when she's asleep and get stuck in her hair- and then we would have to cut her hair. She was horrified by the thought.

So what happens a day later- you guessed it, she fell asleep in the car with a piece of gum in her mouth. I didn't realize she still had it when I put her in her bed for a nap- so later that afternoon she woke up and came to me in tears saying that she had gum stuck in her hair! We worked at it and salvaged as much of the hair as possible, but still had to cut off about an inch in one spot. She was devastated. Needless to say, she has been EXTRA careful about spitting out her gum! :)

Corrine in some of her many "dress-up" outfits!

Tuesday, November 20th- Chris had an EARLY dentist appointment that morning for several things- the dentist thought it would take several hours to do all they needed to do, and since novicaine makes Chris tired, he had arranged to work from home, so he wouldn't be driving while tired. So he spent the day working from home and then did some work on our little run around truck. The heater core (whatever that is) broke and was leaking fluid into the cab- luckily we have good friends who are willing to help him with the labor part of it, so that the repairs we've done on this truck have been for very cheap or free. And he has fun working on it.

Wednesday, November 21st- I ran to the store after work to get a few last minute things for Corrine's birthday cake. She asked for a "rocket" cake from Little Einstiens (a show on Disney Channel)- it required me to make RED frosting, which was a feat in and of itself. That evening I made the frostings and the cakes for the next day so they would be ready for cutting and decorating. We were all up late (including our night owl Corrine) so shortly after midnight she came in and said "Mom! I'm not two anymore! I'm three!" What a cutie. It certainly made me reflect on what I was doing at that time 3 years ago- and I had just gone into labor! Ahhh- memories!

Thursday, November 22nd- Happy Thanksgiving and Happy 3rd Birthday to our cute little girl! I got up early to try and get a jump start on everything for our Thanksgiving dinner and birthday party. I cut out the cake into the shape of rocket and set it aside to frost later and got the frosting out so it could soften. I then started on some rolls. Chris, the kids and the dogs got up shortly after I did. Unfortunately Ebony (our big black lab) found the cake and ate half of it! Baking another cake was definitely NOT in my plans for the day! So we got another cake baking and then into the freezer while I finished my rolls- it was my first time making homemade rolls on my own. We had several mishaps throughout the day (like having to make a second batch of rolls, and burning the first go-round of marshmallows on the yams), but eventually got everything done, got the kids bathed and dressed and made it to Thanksgiving dinner! During the day while I was cooking Chris worked on the lights outside and got the first wave of them up.

The Little Einsteins "Rocket" cake!

Corrine was so excited about the whole day that she crashed just before we left for dinner!

We had dinner at Chris' parents house. Carmen (Chris' oldest sister), her husband, Steve, and their kids Andrew & Katie all joined us that evening as both of the kids were home for the holiday. It was fun to see them, even if it was only for a little while. After everyone had eaten we sang happy birthday and opened birthday presents! Corrine LOVES opening presents! And of course she got lots of fun stuff. After cake & pie we all relaxed and just enjoyed hanging out together. It was a nice evening. And it was especially fun to come home and see Christmas lights on our house.

Corrine getting ready to blow out the candles

Opening presents

Showing off one of her presents- her own umbrella!
It will be much used here in Washington!

Friday, November 23rd- We all went back to work and then that afternoon/evening we finished putting up the rest of the Christmas lights. It's always a fun project! We went back up to Mom & Dad Priamos' for leftovers and after dinner we OD'd on Hallmark Christmas movies. It was a nice relaxing evening as well.

Our (BIG) cat Thomas who loves small boxes and sitting on the washer or dryer- he's in heaven here!

No comments: