Friday, July 11, 2008

May 2008

Yay! I've made it to May! Just a couple more months to go! :)


Allen loves to give all of Corrine's babies kisses!
Friday, May 2nd- Allen had a doctor's appointment that afternoon and by the end of the day I found myself at in the hospital hooked up to an IV. On Monday when I came home from Maple Valley I noticed that my throat was scratchy and irritated. I figured it was a little cold and spent the week, drinking lots of hot fluids, using hot compresses, etc. Each day it got worse and worse and by Friday I couldn't swallow, couldn't sleep and was taking my pain pills leftover from Allen's birth just to sleep at night. So I scheduled a doctor's appointment for that afternoon- they did a throat culture and took a look in my mouth and then rushed me to the ENT doctor. That office actually stayed open late for me and they did the same thing and then sent me over to the hospital to get hooked up to an IV. It turns out I had an abcess on the back of my throat, and instead of draining it they wanted to try the IV route first. Chris took good care of the kids while I sat in the hospital for a couple hours. What a way to end the week! I went back in for a second IV treatment on Saturday, May 3rd, and then took a series of HUGE antibiotics for the next couple weeks (I'm always amazed that when I can barely swallow WATER, they want me to swallow some ginormous horse pills). It eventually took care of the problem and I was sure glad to eat again!

Chris feeding Allen
obviously the dogs think they want some of it too!


Princess Corrine

Playing in the yard

Allen loves to throw the ball Corrine & our cat, Thomas

Monday, May 5th-Thursday, May 8th McKay came to visit us in Aberdeen! It was so fun to have him here for a few days! Corrine LOVED having him here- one day he came to work with us and another he stayed home with Corrine- they played hard and Wednesday (7th) we even went out to the beach (Westport) and TRIED to fly kites. It was just too windy! But we had a great laugh and lots of fun trying! We were sad to see him leave as we knew we wouldn't see him again before he left on his mission!

McKay is even a favorite of our dogs- they all went and slept by him! McKay putting together the kite
Corrine "helping"

Ready to Fly

This pile of driftwood was Corrine's "house"
Corrine & McKay having breakfast together
Saying goodbye

Allen so proud of himself for standing up on his own!
Allen crawls on top of Chris' face to get kisses
Allen watching Corrine & Adrianna playing outside

Sunday, May 25th- We met Mom & Dad Allen in Olympia early that morning to drive to Portland where we went and heard Uncle Larry & Aunt Myreel Linton speak in church before they left on their mission to India. We also had a wonderful dinner at their home afterwards with their children and the Crismon Lewises. It was so fun to be with family! And Corrine found an instant friend in Emma (Bryce & Teresa's little girl). Larry & Myreel are such great examples of service and generosity. I admire them so much. And I know they are wonderful assets to their mission.

Corrine & Emma

When we headed home, we all went to Aberdeen where Mom & Dad spent Memorial Day (Monday, May 26th) with us. That morning we drove down to my new office to show them around and then Mom & I went shopping for something to wear to Taylor & Shalie's wedding. Dad & Chris watched the kids and then we enjoyed BBQing together that night. So fun to be together!

Corrine was so excited that Grandma & Grandpa were having a "sleepover" at our house!
Here she is snuggling with Grandma

Corrine's Photography
She LOVES to take pictures- and these are some of her shots.
I've realized I'm not so flattering from a 3-year olds perspective!



Friday, May 30th- I headed up to Maple Valley for the weekend. That night I attended a fireside with Mom & Dad while Corrine played with a girl in the ward. And on Saturday, May 31st, Mom & I enjoyed attended Women's Conference in Everett. It was a nice day to spend together and Corrine had a blast playing with grandpa! We ended up going home that night as I was in the process of planning a large canning event for our ward and felt that I needed to be there on Sunday.

All in all, another great month!

Mmmm- Spaghetti!

2 comments:

Stjerne said...

I love the pics...what cute kids!

Wende said...

Annaliese, This is sooooo great! I haven't seen you for 100 years! I loved seeing all those pictures of your family...your mom looks exactly the same. Does she still eat dirt?! Every time I see Necco wafers I think of her! your kids are so cute too. It's so hard to believe that we're all so grown up. Love , Wende