Tuesday, November 4, 2008

September 2008

Well- now that we are finally IN our house, I need to get caught up on everything else that was happening also!

Allen & daddy playing

Tuesday, September 2nd- Corrine started back at dance, she was a VERY excited girl! Her teacher is WONDERFUL, she is extremely patient with the kids and they all adore her.


Saturday, September 6th- The kids & I went to storytime at the library and when I came home I had a boquet of flowers from Kimball on my doorstep! They were for my birthday (which was the next day). What a great way to come home! Thanks Kimball- they are gorgeous! A little later in the day Chris also showed up with some of the prettiest roses I'd ever seen! Someone convinced him that Saturday was my birthday, so he figured by giving it to me on Saturday, he would either be early or on time, so he wouldn't miss it either way! I felt so spoiled to have so many gorgeous fresh flowers in our home!


Sunday, September 7th- Happy 32nd Birthday to me! Wow- when did I "grow up"? It doesn't seem that long ago I was just learning to drive! My in-laws were wonderful to have us over for dinner so that I didn't have to cook on my birthday and of course we enjoyed a yummy birthday dessert!

This is the "love note" Chris wrote to me- on my foot!

Tuesday, September 9th- Our black lab, Ebony, had to go in for surgery on her leg. She had a large bump under her skin and the vet wanted to remove it just in case it might be cancerous. Chris took her in and then went to work. He was a little emotional as he was worried about her, but knew that she would be ok. We were able to pick her up on Wednesday, September 10th. We had a little bit of a scare one night as her stitches ripped and she was bleeding a little. When we took her in the next day, the vet told us that it was just the "outer" stiches that had ripped and there was another set deeper in, and it's typical for the outer stitches to rip like that. It would have been nice to know that when we had picked her up! We also found out that the lump was not cancerous. We were very grateful that it all went well without extra complications.

Thursday, September 11th- I enjoyed a nice night at Enrichment where we had an evening on "A Whole New You" and had people come talk about hair care, makeup, skin care, healthy eating & exercise. It was a nice night and had a good turnout.

Allen enjoying some blackberries from our garden

Saturday, September 13th- We went to look at houses and found one we really loved on Pierce Street in Hoquiam. We put an offer in the next day after church. We didn't hear back for a few days, so we kept waiting and looking at houses. It was during that time that we looked at the house on Emerson (the one we ended up purchasing). We initially ruled it out because it's on a major street in Hoquiam.

Tuesday, September 16th- Allen's 1st Birthday! It was a crazy day as we were still looking at houses each day after I got home from work. Mom & Dad Priamos were so great to have us up for dinner and Grandpa Bill even made cupcakes for Allen's birthday! Corrine loved "helping" blow out the candles and he loved opening presents, one little scrap of paper at a time. I was grateful that it helped me feel like less of a failure to celebrate our boys first birthday! :)





Wednesday, September 17th- Looked at more houses and Corrine went to visit Aunt Carmen & Uncle Steve in Bremerton with G&G Priamos. We had gotten a counter offer on the house on Pierce, so we went in and put in a second offer and that evening I had visiting teaching interviews at the church and also helped put together Humanitarian Aid School kits. It was another busy day.

Thursday, September 18th- We heard back from our second offer and it was more than we could do, so we decided to let that house go and keep looking. Our buyers agent mentioned the house in Emerson again, noting that we really liked it. We asked her to find out some additional information on it for us as we thought about it.

Friday, September 19th- We looked at more houses that afternoon and didn't have anything that really stood out to us. Chris wanted to go ahead and make an offer for the Emerson house and I had some reservations that I mulled over all night long.

Saturday, September 20th- I woke up early that morning wanting to go see the house on Emerson again to see if it would eliminate my concerns, one more walk through and it did. I felt very at peace with making an offer. I think I actually realized how much I loved the house when we walked through it a second time. We headed right up to our agents office and put an offer in. Then it was waiting again. :)

Sunday, September 21st- We had a nice day at church, after I helped with a few more visiting teaching interviews so we got home a little later. Chris waited until I had got the kids fed and down for a nap until he told me that he had heard back from Sandy, our agent, and they had accepted our offer! I was so thrilled! And so ticked that he waited that long to tell me!

The rest of the month went by in a whirlwind- it seemed like every day we were on the phone, faxing information, signing and finding additional paperwork, etc. trying to get things in order to close on the new house. We were using a program that was being done away with at the end of the month, so people were scrambling to make it all happen in time! We ended up closing on the house on September 30th, just 10 days after we put in an offer! It was amazing that it all came together so fast. We are so grateful for all the people that helped us make it happen! Thanks, thanks, thanks! Then it was on to our next adventure . . . MOVING IN! :)

More Pics from September:

Playing in the cupboards at work


Hanging out with Grandma Pat

A "new" place to climb in!

A gigantic fish sculpture I was driving behind for several miles going through town

Corrine & dad
What a rock star

3 comments:

meegz said...

Great update. Glad you are in your house -- I bet you are really enjoying it. CUTE CUTE kids too!!

Forbush Family said...

It's always so fun to catch up with you through your blog. The other day while going through a box a picture of Arnie the Armadillo floated out. I had a good laugh at the very fun mission memory and was reminded of what an awesome companion you were.

Anonymous said...

Your family is cute. I bet it's so good to finally be in your home... This holiday season should be memorable for you.