I was extremely behind before, but now I'm like a year behind and that's a little ridiculous.
So- it's time to start over.
Somewhere around February my life fell apart. I had no desire to write because I felt I had nothing to write about. I couldn't handle writing about our lives and trying to write about happy things going on when it seemed there was nothing happy in my life at all.
But I think I'm ready to be writing again. I am going back a little, because well, there are a few things I need to document for my own personal history.
So, here it is:
NOVEMBER 2008 HIGHLIGHTS
* We got to be a part of a history-making Presidential election as Barack Obama was elected President of the United States.
* Chris turned 34! Happy Birthday!
* We found we had major leaking in our basement and ended up having to pump water out of our basement on several occasions. What a fun new adventure for us new homeowners!
* Corrine turned 4 years old! We celebrated with dinner with grandparents, friends, a princess castle cake and lots of Barbies and princess stuff.
* We hosted Thanksgiving for Chris' family at our home.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=94003&id=603537436&l=021e882d03
DECEMBER 2008 HIGHLIGHTS
* We attended the "Festival of Lights" in Montesano where they have a light parade (think a small town Disney's Electrical Parade in the wet & cold) and take you on bus tours to see various decorated neighborhoods around town. The kids were THRILLED to see so many Christmas lights!
* SNOW!! SNOW!! SNOW!! This was very exciting for us- several big snow days. Big news for wet and rainy Washington. The kids (and adults) LOVED it!
* Tanner & Jessica came and visited my parents in Seattle and took a couple days to spend with us! We LOVED having them here- Corrine STILL talks about it and asks when they are coming back!
* Mom & Dad Allen came and stayed with us over Christmas. Hosted several families & grandparents for Christmas Eve enjoying a children's nativity, lots of food, good friends and laughter.
* Enjoyed Christmas morning with both sets of grandparents. Got to talk to McKay for a quick minute on Christmas morning as Mom & Dad called him from our house.
JANUARY 2009 HIGHLIGHTS
* Allen had his first major crash as he cut open his head on one of our baseboards
* Chris took a trip to Glamis, CA to ride in the sand dunes with our good friend Jeff Nill
* Sad News: Our cat Thomas died unexpectedly while Chris was gone. Thanks to Chris' Uncle Joe who helped us dig a grave and bury him.
A few other January pictures:

MARCH 2009 HIGHLIGHTS
* The kids & I took a last-minute, unplanned trip with Mom Allen to California. Saw Kimball & Talmage & family. It was wonderful to be around family and the kids had a blast! Thanks mom!





* Some pretty sunrise pictures from our kitchen window:
APRIL 2009 HIGHLIGHTS
* New niece Taylie Shay Allen born on April 1st to Taylor & Shalie Allen, Layton, UT
* New niece Evelyn Colleen Allen born on April 6th to Graham & Emily Allen, Fruit Heights, UT
* A few more pictures from April:
MAY 2009 HIGHLIGHTS
* Started some major work on our home replacing some dry rot walls in our basement, staining our porch railings and resealing/painting our porches.
A few fun May Pictures:


JUNE 2009 HIGHLIGHTS
* Corrine's Dance Recital- both grandparents came to watch and enjoy BBQ with us after.



* Had a scary accident at my work where I ended up partially trapped under a tow truck (from another company) as I was trying to help an older gentlemen that was going to be hit. No major injuries to myself.
More June Pictures:
JULY 2009 HIGHLIGHTS
* Sad News: Came home from a date night to find that our 90+ year old neighbor, Elizabeth Peters, had been rushed to the hospital after suffering a stroke and hitting her head severely. She passed away a few days later. Chris was asked to be a pallbearer at her funeral. She was a joy in our lives and we were thankful to know her, even if it was only for a short time.
* Corrine went with G&G Allen for a 2-week trip in Utah. She had SO much fun, but we missed her LOTS! Allen was a little lost without her! It was extra fun as Devin & Grandma Lewis came back to Washington and we were lucky enough to have them in our home for the afternoon.

* Did some backyard camping.
* New nephew Finn Bradford Allen born on July 17th to Bradford & Megan Allen, Anchorage, Alaska.
More July Photos:
AUGUST 2009 HIGHLIGHTS
* Our little dog Pikku slipped out from under our fence one afternoon and was gone all night long. A wonderful and kind lady found her and let the radio station know. We were SO RELIEVED to get her back!
* Chris installed a sump pump in our basement BY HIMSELF! I helped a little, but he did the hard labor. Hopefully this keeps out the flooding this winter! It was actually a several week process, but here's the final results! :)





* Attended the Grays Harbor County Fair as a family. The kids loved seeing the animals, eating cotton candy and riding a little airplane ride. They can't wait to go back.
* Officially changed our business name and structure from Priamosdomain Hosting to Olympic Global Technologies, LLC. It's a big change that has been a long time coming!

* More August Pictures:
SEPTEMBER 2009 HIGHLIGHTS
* Chris & I enjoyed a weekend getaway to Olympia, while the kids went to Maple Valley. We went to see "blue collar" comedian Bill Engvall, and enjoyed a pre-birthday dinner for Annaliese in Maple Valley with Mom & Dad Allen.
* Annaliese turned 33! Got a big surprise of a birthday present from Chris and the kids- a Cannon XSi DSLR camera. LOVE IT!


* Enjoyed local "Logger's Playday" parade- anything that has horsies, candy & princesses is a winner in my kids eyes!

* Allen turned 2-years old! Celebrated with both sets of grandparents on the weekend before with a giant cookie monster cookie! (Notice the droopy eyed cookie moster later in the set- I was storing it in the oven and accidentally turned the oven on while Cookie was still in there! Ooops!)












* We had a small family celebration on Allen's actual birthday



* Annaliese was released as Relief Society Secretary and called to be the Primary Sunbeam teacher! Lots of new adventures ahead!
* More September pictures:















If you made it through all of this, you are amazing! Hopefully I'll NEVER be this behind again! :)



6 comments:
Annaelise,I loved seeing your life this past year! What great pictures! Your kids have really grown up and are so adorable! I'm sorry for the hard time you've had this year...hope things are looking better. Love ya!
WOW!! I get worn out doing one blog post! You are amazing!
Love it! The kids are adorable! Love u
Wow, your little boy has really made the transition from baby to real-actual-little person! That's amazing! Corrine is so beautiful, she totally has your adventure, it's apparent even from the photos.
I miss you so.
great update! Darling kids!!!:)
You were right...that was a very long post. :) But so nice to catch up on what has been going on in your lives. Your kids are getting so big. Time goes too fast!!
Post a Comment