Monday, November 12, 2007

November 5th-11th

Week of November 5-11, 2007
Written by Annaliese

A cute picture of Allen's big gummy smile to start off the week:
Monday, November 5th- Happy 32nd Birthday to my wonderful husband! Corrine woke up when Chris went to work just to make sure she got to tell him Happy Birthday first thing- she LOVES birthdays. As I was heading to work with the kids she asked when dad was going to open presents and I told her we hadn't gotten any yet, but we would go to the store that afternoon. When I asked her what we should get him, she thought for a minute and said "I think a green B (what she calls her blankie)- then he won't take mine!" (He is constantly teasing her and trying to get her to share her B with him and she is NOT a fan of sharing it). It's too funny the way her mind works!

Work was BUSY that morning with impounds & paperwork. And our day didn't slow down after work either! We ran a ton of errands including picking up babysitting girls from school and eventually to basketball practice & dance. We got Chris a couple gifts and his favorite pizza for dinner. Corrine had so much fun wrapping his presents, she especially LOVES tape. She actually does really good with it despite using 8 inches for each piece! We had a nice night together- low key, but nice.

We had also been blessed with a huge box and a huge bag of clothes for Allen from one of the sisters I visit teach. I'm so grateful for generous people that have shared with us things like this! Especially as this kid is growing fast!

Wednesday, November 7th- Happy Birthday to my Mother-in-law Pat! She's a wonderful lady! I had a Presidency meeting that night and Pat was still at work- so we went over later that evening for dinner and cake to celebrate. Corrine was already in her pj's and couldn't find a matching pair of boots (the only shoes that fit over her pj's) so she wore two different boots- one pink snowboot & one red rainboot. Funny part was that she left those boots up at their house- so going to work the next morning she wore the OTHER two of the mismatched boots- such a funny girl!

It was fun to be together to celebrate with Pat. She's such a wonderful woman and I'm lucky to have her for a mother-in-law. She does so much for her family and others.

Thursday, November 8th- Happy Birthday to Mackenzie, our niece & cousin. All of the cousins are a year apart so far- it will be so fun at Christmas as they are all a little older and can enjoy playing together. Hopefully Corrine won't boss everyone around too much! :)

Sunday, November 11th- Happy Veteran's Day! That afternoon after church I was debating going up to Maple Valley to spend time with my family as I didn't have to work the next day. But I knew that if I stayed home I could get a lot of misc. stuff done around the house as well. Before I knew it Chris had vacuumed, done dishes and folded laundry stating that if those were the things that were keeping me from going then he already did them, so I should go. So sweet of him! :)

We did end up going- we got off to a bit of a late start, but arrived safe and sound and enjoyed a nice evening visiting with everyone. I always appreciate my parents and how wonderful they are each and every time I spend time in their home. I also love that there is a wonderful spirit in their house that is very peaceful and calming. Corrine of course got McKay & Tanner to chase her and everyone took turns holding Allen. It's so wonderful for us to have them so close!

The kids are both doing great. Allen is a big boy that just keeps growing! He's pretty much out of size one diapers at only 2 months! He responds to us so much more and LOVES to smile at us. He is also very strong and loves to push with his feet and hold his head up. He is such a content baby and he sleeps in 4-5 hour stretches at night. It's SO wonderful!

Our handsome little guy

Corrine is a fantastic big sister and big helper around the house. She actually gets mad if we put away the silverware in the dishwasher as that is HER JOB. She constantly amazes us with how funny & smart she is. She definitely loves to be the life of the party! Whenever someone is in her way she says "Move over Beethoven!" (where does she get these things?) And of course she picks up on everything we say. The other morning I was getting ready for church and got all dressed- she looked at me and said "Cute outfit Mom!" She also says funny little phrases that sound so adult, like "Oh my goodness!" and "Dang It!". We are constantly laughing.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Baby Allen is adorable and so smiley. Thanks for the fun update on your family. Your so very blessed.
Love, Aunt Lynette

Anonymous said...

Cutest smile ever!

auntie_m

Stephanie said...

Hey Annaliese,

Congratulations on your new baby boy! He is adorable. I found your blog link on your facebook. Random, I know. It sounds like you are adjusting to life with two kids and I'm sure Corrine is a big help. I'm happy that you have your parents so close to you. That must be SO NICE!!

Stephanie