Written by Annaliese
I have to write this before I have 2 weeks to catch up on!!
Monday, August 13th- I got one of those rare bursts of crazy energy and took advantage of it- I scoured the house: dishes, laundry, ironing, vacuuming floors & couches, spot cleaning the carpets, kitchen floors, changing sheets, etc. I just kept going. I really should learn to pace myself as I was exhausted the next day- but it's so nice to have a clean house!
Tuesday, August 14th- My morning started with another doctor's appointment. This is the start of my weekly visits- which means this baby is coming soon! I was down a pound, but feel like I'm eating more . . . I hope that doesn't mean that this kid is getting any ideas of being a 10lb baby! I was officially at 37 weeks on Thurs 16th, which is good news because even if the baby is born now, he's fully developed and doesn't have the same risks- always comforting to know. The doctor said it doesn't look like this baby is trying to come out any too soon- which as you know, I'm more than ok with!
Since Chris had to spend the previous Saturday at work, and ended up working late on Monday, he took Tuesday off. It was nice to come home from work and have him here. He was working on the truck (it's somewhat of a constant project- but it was a free truck, so we don't mind), mowing the lawn, weed-eating, etc. I talked him into taking a break and we took Corrine & the girls I babysit to McDonald's to redeem their coupon for free ice cream from the library summer reading program. What made it even better was that it was one of those nice rare HOT days here in Washington! :) Made the ice cream taste even better!
Wednesday, August 15th- my wonderful mother-in-law had the day off, so she offered to take Corrine for the day and come steam clean my carpets! I had mentioned to her that I wanted to borrow her cleaner before the baby was born- and instead she just came and did it! They look great and it's one less thing to worry about now! And of course Corrine had a ball "helping".
Friday, August 17th- I was feeling restless and anxious all day. Chris knew he was going to have a long evening at work as the issues he thought had been resolved, weren't. So when Corrine woke up from her nap I asked if she wanted to take a drive to the beach. We are lucky to live close to the ocean, so in about 20 minutes we were walking barefoot in the sand. We had a great time- we buried our feet in the sand, let the COLD waves wash over our feet and then would run away from the next one, we built a castle (which was really more of a large mound of sand, but Corrine was thrilled with it), and we walked the shores picking up random bits of shells that Corrine found fascinating. There is such a wonderful calming, peaceful feel effect of being, hearing, seeing the ocean. I love that we live close enough to take a small afternoon adventure and enjoy it.
Saturday, August 18th- I spent most of the day working online. I ran some errands in the afternoon while Corrine was napping and that evening we all headed out to the wedding reception of Alan & Kym Sommerville. Alan was a good friend of Chris' growing up. They were married several weeks ago in a small ceremony, but had the reception where most of their family is. We've had the chance to hang out with them on a few occasions while they were dating and were thrilled for them both. The food was good and it was nice to be there with Chris' parents as well. After the reception we all went up to Mom & Dad Priamos' and played Phase 10 into the late hours of the evening. Of course we all lost to Bill- very typical when it comes to card games! Jimmy (Chris' older sister Cheree's son) was staying with them for the week, so it was fun to hang out with him as well.
Grandpa & Grandma Priamos -- Cousin Jimmy
Corrine & Ebony enjoy a warm afternoon outside








No comments:
Post a Comment