Wednesday, August 1, 2007

July 23rd- 29th

Week of July 23-29, 2007: Where Did July Go?!
Written by Annaliese

I can't believe July is almost over- it seemed summer has just started here as we've finally gotten some sunshine! Maybe we'll have a late summer and get to enjoy it for a little longer . . . I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Our week was pretty basic- Corrine & I went to work and we only had one of the girls I babysit in the afternoons since her sister was at Girls Camp for our ward.

Monday, July 23rd- Happy Birthday to Taylor & Tanner! Corrine was excited all day to call Uncle Taylor and sing to him! She LOVES singing for birthdays! Mom & Dad Priamos had Corrine & I up for dinner that night as Chris was working late to get a new T1 line installed at work.

Tuesday, July 24th- We did our final activity for the summer reading program with our local library. They've had some great events this summer and we've enjoyed participating in as many as we could. Corrine still talks about the juggling & the puppet shows we've seen.

Thursday, July 26th- was a Washington State Patrol inspection for work. This is where a state trooper comes and inspects our trucks and all our files & paperwork. Usually this inspection doesn't happen until September and we usually have about a months notice to make sure everything is in order- this time we had a 1 day notice! We were scrambling all day Wednesday and Thursday morning to make sure it was all there! Corrine & I had a late day at work on Thursday since that's when the inspector would be here- she was so good for it being way past her naptime. Luckily we passed with flying colors!

Saturday, July 28th- We got off to a late start that morning as we were trying to get out of town- it always seems to take longer than planned! But finally we got on the road to Maple Valley- it is so WONDERFUL to have Mom & Dad Allen close to us! I love that we can visit them and it doesn't take a plane ride to get there! We stopped in Olympia to pick up a delivery truck from Chris' work- they were good enough to let us borrow it. We needed it because we were picking up some items that Mom & Dad were giving to us- a fridge, freezer, shelf, a couple chairs and Corrine's favorite item: a full-size trampoline! The truck was perfect and Dad & Chris had it loaded up with all the stuff in no time.

And as a side note- Mom & Dad have done wonderful things with the house- I know it's been a lot of work for them as it is smaller than the house in Layton, but it looks beautiful! The hard work has paid off!

Chris did some yardwork with Dad while Corrine, Mom & I picked blueberries. Then we all enjoyed an afternoon down at the lake. They have the most beautiful lake just below their house where you can swim, boat, fish- it's like scout camp- but I think a little warmer! Corrine couldn't get enough of it! She was shivering, but kept dragging Chris back out into the water for more- he's such a good dad to play with her for so long! We all enjoyed a yummy BBQ dinner together that night and Chris found another project to work on- getting the doorbell fixed. He & Dad were running around town at 9:00pm trying to find the right part- and luckily they did!

Sunday, July 29th- Chris woke up feeling congested at 5:30am and Corrine figured that meant it was time for us to get up too! So we were all wide awake WAY too early. Chris finally fell back asleep and after a shower & breakfast (I think Corrine opted for 3 chocolate chip cookies instead of cereal) she finally went back down for a nap as well.

Church was great- it's always nice to have a few extra set of hands! Corrine actually does very good in church- she loves to sing the most and has to have her own hymnbook during each hymn! She usually fills in with her own words- sometimes it's "I Am a Child of God", othertimes its a theme song to one of her favorite children's shows- I always get a kick out of listening to her! And it's always fun to sit in on Dad's Gospel Doctrine class.

After church we had lunch and picked more blueberries- we came home with LOTS of delicious berries! Chris left early so that he could get the truck unloaded before we got home, but unfortunately the key to the padlock was in my purse- a lot of good that did! I stayed and visited for a bit while Corrine napped, then we headed out the door. It's always sad to leave, but nice to know they are close enough we can come visit again soon!

Mom & Dad are on their way to South Africa this week to pick up Tanner- what an exiting time! I'm jealous! :) But I'm sure they'll come back with lots of adventures and photos!

No comments: