Week of August 6-12, 2007: Lots to Say for a Slow Week
Written by Annaliese
I'm honestly not sure anything exciting happens in our lives to document every week, but I know my mom will appreciate the fact that I'm at least writing! :)
Monday, August 6th- was a tiring day. None of us slept well, so we ended up waking up early to start our day. Not that there's anything wrong with an early start to the day, it just really hits you hard mid-afternoon! Chris' parents were kind enough to have us up for dinner that night, which I especially love because it means I don't have to cook! :) Corrine stayed the night there as I had an early doctor's appointment the next morning. So we were actually able to get to bed early that night at least!
Tuesday, August 7th- My doctor's appointment went well and I took advantage of the fact that Corrine was still with G&G Priamos and ran errands after work. I hit up the local farm stand with the girls I babysit to stock up on produce- we love having a place that caters to local produce and for such a better price! I've also been trying to bring my own non-plastic bags to the stores when I go shopping because I swear my plastic bags reproduce when left alone! I think it almost makes shopping more fun by bringing my own bags . . . that could be a dangerous thing.
Thursday, August 9th- was the tragic day in our household- I chipped a tooth while eating frozen M&M's (dang pregnancy cravings). Luckily it's not overly painful, and it's not one of my front teeth, it's just annoying. Add that to the fact that I don't have dental insurance and I wasn't a happy camper about it all. I did do some research and was at least able to find a dental discount plan and a dentist that can get me in to see him fairly quickly. So hopefully I'll have a pretty mouth soon.
Friday, August 10th- I spent some time after work in our garden. It has not been doing well this year. I don't think our soil has enough nutrients in it and couple that with our overly overcast rainy summer, I think most of our stuff hasn't gotten enough sun & nutrition. I was able to pick a bowlful of sugar snap peas which we snacked on all afternoon and a few blackberries that are coming over our fence. We have lots of strawberries growing, but it looks like the slugs and the ants are getting to them before we do! They must be good because they eat them right up! And luckily we'll get some zucchini & squash (growing those can make anyone feel like a good gardener!).
Saturday, August 11th- Chris had a long day as he had to be into work early that morning to work on a new firewall they were installing. He was there for about 12 hours of the day and came home tired. But he was able to get everything done that was needed. His company is lucky to have him as he works hard and wants things done well.
Corrine & I spent a lot of the day organizing & cleaning the house. Slowly but surely each pile of "projects" is getting smaller! We spent a lot of the day going through old files, shredding paper and dumping it in the recycling bins- Corrine now wants to shred & recycle EVERYTHING! Hopefully she's gotten the message that she has to ask first before she puts it in the recycling . . . I'm just waiting for something important to disappear.
That night we were thrilled to talk to Tanner! Corrine just jabbered on and on to him about anything & everything. I think at first she was a little confused as he sounded like Uncle Taylor to her! When I explained that this was Uncle Tanner who was on a mission in Africa she got all excited and wanted to tell him about all the "African animals" she saw at the zoo. Too funny. He sounded great- he said that he, Mom, Dad & Taylor had a great trip around South Africa- what a cool experience! I only wish we could have been there to hear his report in church as I'm sure it was wonderful!
Sunday, August 12th- On the way to church Corrine was asking me questions about where everyone was. She wanted to know if G&G Allen were in Maple Valley- I explained to her that they were in Utah because Uncle Tanner had to give a talk in church. She replied "He's speaking at church in Utah (more often called Utahda) like Uncle Taylor?" I told her yes and her quick reply was "Well, hurry! We need to go see him!" I had to explain that it would take too long to get to Utah, but that we could see him when he comes up to Maple Valley. She then wanted the run down of where all the other uncles were- she was NOT happy that none of them were in Maple Valley and said "But I want my guys NOW." So all you Uncles, you are officially "her guys". :)
She's been funny lately about going to nursery- it took lots of coaxing and the promise of fishy crackers for snacks to finally get her to go in. I think it has everything to do with this baby coming. I don't think I mentioned it before, but lately all her baby dolls are baby boys- even the ones with pigtails & ribbons. I'm sure it's because she has a baby brother on the way, but it sure it cute for her to come up to me with a baby in a pink dress and say "Mom, he's fussy- can you hold him?"
We also made a great "trade" that afternoon from a local online reuse board. We found someone who was wanting our old freezer and was willing to give us their infant car seat as we don't have one currently and they are no longer using theirs. It's always fun to find great things like that!
It's been a good week, one week closer to adding to our family- we're getting excited for the bigger adventures ahead!
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment